LED Expo Thailand is one of the leading LED lighting events in Southeast Asia and ASEAN’s largest international exhibition on LED lighting products & technology. It is dedicated to the science, technology and application of LEDs and solid-state lighting. It aims to accelerate the growth of the LED lighting markets in the Southeast Asian region by providing a dynamic hub for LED/lighting companies to congregate, promote, discuss, transact, partner and gain insights on neighboring LED markets at a niche level.
LED Expo Thailand is an important initiative towards energy conservation and a green environment by host organization- Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand (EGAT) and the show organizers- IMPACT Exhibition Management Co., Ltd. and MEX Exhibitions Pvt. Ltd.
Thailand Energy Saving & LED Summit- International conference on LED lighting product & technology and SSL Forum are other important events held concurrent to the show
Acting as a prelude to the show every year, a series of roadshows is held all over Southeast Asia in an attempt to engage regional LED lighting sectors and promote energy efficiency & investment opportunities in those respective countries.
Thailand: A Booming Economy
Thailand is ranked as the 50th largest country in the world and is a part of Association of Southeast Asian Nations and ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) along with nine other countries namely: Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Brunei, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam. The aim of AEC for 2017 is to create a single ASEAN market with gross domestic product (GDP) of $2.5 trillion & trade of $1 trillion. So far, ASEAN overall has progressed to a level of 80% in terms of eliminating tariffs on goods traded within the region.
According to statistics, the Thailand lighting market value totaled US $800 million in 2014, up 12 percent compared to 2013. The country's LED industry is estimated to grow at an annual rate of 30 percent in the next five years, with indoor lighting and construction applications consisting two major components of the LED lighting industry
In terms of business opportunities, it is foreseen that a large number of companies and government projects will be using LED products as evidenced below:
- LED Automotive Lighting: The number of cars with LED headlights will grow from 1.5 million to 5 million between 2013-2017 with the value of LED components growing from USD 130 to 300 million.(According to Dirk Banderhaeghen of Philips Lumileds)
- Government Projects: Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand replaced LED Street Light at Mae Moh Power Plant., The Provincial Electricity Authority (PEA) is preparing to replace one million street lights nationwide with LED bulbs.
- Public & Private Infrastructure Projects: From the construction of the new parliament house to stadium, residential, commercial, hospitality and entertainment projects such as CP All creates “7 Go Green” project and invest over 500 million THB to replace LED Light bulb in 7-Eleven throughout Thailand.
Thailand has long been a proponent of free and fair trade and its attractiveness as a production base for leading international companies is enhanced by a number of free trade agreements.
MEX Exhibitions Pvt. Ltd, India
IMPACT Exhibition Management Co., Ltd., Thailand
- LED’s Application & Lighting
- LED Lighting Products
- LED Products
- LED Signage & Displays
- LED Components/Accessories & Raw Materials
- LED Drivers & Power Supply
- LED Manufacturing Equipment/Machinery & Allied Products
- LED Decorative Lighting
- and Related Services
- Sign Makers
- Lighting Engineers
- Brand Managers
- Interior Designers
- Event Management Companies
- Lighting Dealers
- Outdoor Companies
- Media Owners
- Signage Industry
- Government Agencies
- LED Manufacturers
- Importers & Exporters and many more